Overnight Oats or Bircher Muesli
overnight oats or bircher muesli
A delicious, nutritious, ideal meal to make ahead
for a busy breakfast
the difference between overnight oats and bircher muesli is that over night oats contains more oats and bircher muesli more apple.
Both are delicious and the variations are endless.
Top with fresh fruit, berries, chopped nuts, and add your super foods, moringa powder, chai seeds, a sprinkle of cinnamon or turmeric.
Let's Make a Spicy Overnight Oats
YOU WILL NEED : Per serving
Really nice to make in little jars or bowls so that each to serve. Just add the toppings.
- 1/2 cup Roller Oats
- 1 tbsp chai seeds
- 1/2 cup of milk or water, almond milk ( liquid)
- 1/2 cup grated apple
- 1/4 cup yogurt ( Greek is great but you choose)
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup. Sweetener also an option
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract. ( we made this in the Holiday season magazine.
- Spices - All are optional.
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon Best to taste so add less and add as needed.
- a pinch of ginger & nutmeg
- pinch of salt.
HOW TO MAKE :
- Mix the oats, chai seeds, salt and spices together
- Add yogurt, apple, sweetener, vanilla and milk.
- Stir to mix well. Cover and Refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- In the morning add the toppings.
HEALTHY SIMPLE NUTRITIOUS